Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home | Paint

Wow, has it really been 2 weeks since I last posted anything?! WE'VE BEEN BUSY! Sorry, will be better now that we have internet in the new house (where we spend all of our free time lately) and things are starting to get settled :)

Last weekend, my Mom and I tackled the new house like painting fiends. We got through 4 rooms over 4 days!

It took me SO long to actually pick out colors, but here's what we ended up going with. We did end up going with Behr paint for all the rooms, and at Home Depot they just matched the paint to the Martha Living colors! So great! I didn't know that until after I had spent a good 30 min trying to find the Behr colors closest to the ones I already decided on. Doh!


So here are the before & after pictures of a few of the rooms. First, our bright and spacious dining room got the "Lemongrass" color:


The living room got "Ice Folly'd":


The office got "Fledgling", in stripes! Any The Lettered Cottage readers recognize my inspiration for this room? :)


I don't have a before picture of the master bedroom (shame on me!), but here is the after of the walls in "Silver Screen":


This house is starting to feel like ours now. I would say it seems like it's about 25% our home.

We've been working again all this weekend and this time Aaron's parents came up to help us. We've been making a lot of progress, and I will share more pictures soon. I know some people (ahem, Sarah) are anxious to see how it's all coming along! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...