Thursday, August 11, 2011

A DIY Victory

Three years ago, I bought these pictures for $5 each at an auction:


I don't even have to ask, I know some of you are giving semi-creepy, white Jesus & Mary a nervous, eye-brow-raised look. My husband gave me that same look when I showed him what I bought, "What in the world are you going to do with THOSE?!" To which I replied, "I have no idea! But I like them!"

I hung onto these and moved them from apartment to apartment to house for the past 3 years, and then I finally had an idea! I found this idea on Pinterest (WHAT-you're-not-on-Pinterest?!):


originally from Felt & Wire Shop.



I decided these frames would be a perfect fit in our living room, as a home to some fun quotes.  Instead of doing lyrics from rap (?) songs, I thought I could put some semi-inspirational, somewhat-funny sayings printed on a white background.  Equipped with a vague idea in my head, I got to painting...


I'm sorry, Jesus, but it's time to go... Oh! Don't give me those puppy eyes!


Priming... So happy to get rid of that nasty gold finish!


After priming the frames, you could really see the detail in them that I love!


I spraypainted them black, added matting, and popped my printed off quotes in - Voila!


The quotes I decided on are "Be awesome today" and "Live every week like it's Shark Week". The first one because it's just a great reminder. The second one is a Tracy Morgan classic, see below:



I considered another great 30 Rock quote, "Never go with a hippie to a second location", but we decided it didn't have that same motivational factor the other two did - it was just a silly quote. In fact, I could probably FILL my walls with silly-yet-hilarious 30 Rock quotes because that show is phenomenal (WHAT-you-don't-watch-30-Rock?!). 

So, here they are! My $5 frames! That I finally used! To my husband, who said I would never use these, I hate to say 'I told you so' - wait who am I kidding, I love it. I. Told. You. So.


Also, please don't pay attention to that mess on the dining room table. It is the typical pile associated with one of our in-progress-projects, more specifically my mason jar chandelier that will be coming in a future post. Maybe, if I ever finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...